Hey there everyone! It's Friday and you know what that means! No? Really? Well, I'll tell you anyways hehe It's time for another great Interview and Giveaway with an awesome Author!
I have the pleasure to Welcome to Larissa's Life the Author of The Stilettos Girls Series, Lexi Ryan!
You can check my reviews of Stilettos, Inc and Flirting with Fate HERE!
Giveaway Deets at the end! Here's the interview, enjoy!
- - When did you first start writing?
I knew I wanted to be “a writer” when I was in the second grade and have written in one form or another ever since, but I was out of grad school before I finished my first novel. It wasn’t until then that I really took it seriously.
- - What is your favorite part of the writing process?
- I love the moments that totally take me by surprise while I’m writing. I’ll be typing away and all of the sudden, I’m like, “Oh! Wow! I didn’t know that!” Those are the moments that keep me going back to the keyboard.
- - Have you always been interested in Romance?
- I’ve wanted to write romance since I read my first in middle school. I loved everything about that book. (It was Jude Deveraux’s Knight in Shining Armor.) I’m a big time feminist, and I believe romance novels provide empowering alternatives to the lives of depression and/or servitude we see women sentenced to in classical lit.
- - What about in the Paranormal?
- That part is new to me. I’ve always read across genre lines and enjoyed reading paranormals, but I didn’t start writing them until I started working on the Stiletto Girls series.
- - Why writing Paranormal Romance?
- It’s a blast! I love discovering a new world and introducing readers to it. Add to that lust, passion, and the promise of happily ever after, and what more could you want?
- - Were there any Books, Movies or Writers that have inspired you?
- Too many to name! Obviously, the Stiletto Girls series is itself very much inspired by Charlie’s Angels and Heroes (it’s kind of a conglomeration of the two).
- Writers? Tara Janzen, Jenny Crusie, Anne Rice, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Sandra Cisneros—they all inspired me from early on. Additionally, these days, I’m inspired by many talented women I’m lucky enough to call my friends.
- - What is your favorite subject in the Paranormal Romance Realm?
- Is Eric Northman an acceptable answer? ;)
- (*OMG! Yes! LOL)
- The sex scenes in your books are amazingly hot. Where do you get your inspiration?
- Wow, thanks! What a nice compliment!
- The best way I can explain is this: The sex scenes in my books are so deeply connected to my characters and their stories and personal growth. I like to think this is why they read as hot as they do. Really, who cares if it’s just body parts moving, and tab A into slot B? There’s nothing hot about that—just technical. So, because the sex scenes are so intrinsically tied to who my characters are, the scenes are really inspired by the characters themselves—their hopes, fears, backgrounds, fantasies.
- - Do you find it hard to write them?
- Yes! I think good sex scenes are incredibly difficult to write, and they take me the longest of any scenes in the book, but I think that’s only because I’m so committed to showing the emotional consequences of these scenes. It slows me down. That said, they’re still fun. I had a blast writing the invisi-sex scene in Flirting with Fate.
- Favorite Paranormal themed Movie?
Stigmata (I’m not sure that counts as “paranormal,” but I love it.) and The Matrix (I refuse to let the sequel ruin the first for me!)
- - Favorite Paranormal themed TV Show?
- - Favorite Paranormal themed Book?
- Dead and Gone, Charlaine Harris
- - Favorite Author?
- Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- - Favorite Paranormal Romance Author?
- Lora Leigh
- - Favorite one of your Books?
- Really? You’re going to make me pick a favorite? That’s just cruel. My favorite is probably a full-length romantic suspense that I’m shopping around now. That’s all I can say about it since I’m not sure where it will go or what name it would be published under, but it’s a mix of sexy, fun, and heart-wrenching that I love. Also, the heroine’s a little bit of a bitch (on the outside at least), so she gets to say things I only wish I could.
- Right now it’s probably Tara Sykes, though she really got on my nerves when I first “met” her in Stilettos, Inc. In Flirting with Fate, she’s started to grow up, but she hasn’t lost her spunk. She’s a blast.
- - Which was the hardest to write? Why?
- They’re all hard in their own way, but I have to spend more time digging into the heads of my male characters. They’re just not as easy for me.
- - What would you be if not a writer? Why?
- Well, in my “other life,” I teach college-level English. It’s a great fit for me. I get to share my love for words and be the center of attention while I lecture. ;)
- Coffee or Tea?
- - Up or Down?
- - Virtual or Real?
- - Right or Left?
- - Vampires or Werewolves?
- Both, baby.
- - Having the Power to see the future or The past?
- The past (seeing the future is too complicated)
- - Angels or Demons?
- - Reading or Writing?
Discovering something I didn’t know before I sat down at the computer.
- What is your least favorite part?
- The Stiletto Girls series in your own words?
- The Stiletto Girls series focuses on a group of female private investigators with psychic powers who are commissioned to do everything from mercenary work to security detail in a world more dangerous than a non-Special could ever know. They help the Specials Intelligence Agency keep the existence of Specials a secret and the plans of the Ascendants at bay.
- - Any plans for more Stiletto Girls Books?
- I plan to write Chrissie’s story next, then perhaps one more, depending on what happens in this book.
- - What are you working on right now?
- Too many projects! I’m tinkering with a couple contemporaries and a new paranormal as well as playing with the third Stiletto Girls book.
- - Do you have any advice or tip to those like me that want to become a published Author someday?
- Write, write, write, write! If you set goals for yourself and do a little every day, you’ll be amazed what you can accomplish and how quickly you’ll improve! It’s like exercise—some days it’s painful, but you have to do it consistently if you want to see results.
- - Anything you would like to say to your fans out there?
- YOU ROCK! Also, write me any time. I love hearing from readers!
Thank you so much for stopping by Lexi!
Now for the giveaway! Lexi is giving away a copy of a Stilettos Girls Book of their choice. Stiletos, Inc or Flirting With Fate! =)
- Just a leave a comment about anything Lexi talked about on the interview!
- Leave a way to contact you! (if you don't want to leave your email, you can send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
+5 Google friend connect Follower
+5 Networked Blogs Follower
+3 @larissa_sarah Twitter Follower
+3 @writerlexiryan Twitter Follower
+1 Sum up your entries!
This Giveaway is International!
Ends Feb 25th!
My 350 Followers has 4 Winners NOW!
Click Bellow to enter!
Thank you all so much for tuning in and I'll see you soon!