Hey ya’ll, here we are again on another awesome Tuesday with an amazing Interview & Giveaway!
I am so happy to have here today the Husband/Wife team that has brought us the wonderful Kate Daniels and The Edge series, Gordon and Ilona, who write under the Ilona Andrews name.
The Kate Daniels series is one of my favorite series ever, with Curran and Kate being one of my fave couples of all times, and they haven’t even gotten together yet hehe. I also love their newest series, The Edge, which you guys should totally check out!
I even have a couple button dedicated to them on the right sidebar towards the bottom =)
Well, I hope you enjoy the Interview, which was answered by Gordon and don’t forget to enter the giveaway to win a SIGNED copy of Magic Bleeds, which comes out TODAY! Deets at the end of the post!
- When did you first start writing?
Probably in college, we worked on papers together.
- Did you always wrote together?
Well not before we met but we have been writing together for 15 years.
- Have you always enjoyed Fantasy?
We both grew up reading Conan, Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons. We are also huge He-Man fans.
- Why writing Urban Fantasy?
We read and really liked the books by Laurel K. Hamilton. Her Anita Blake books, and Anne Rice before her, were our introduction to UF. I think we both like the idea of monsters existing in a contemporary setting.
- Were there any Books, Movies or Writers that have inspired you?
Robert B. Parker and David Gemmell, both now passed, were huge inspirations for us. Garth Ennis, Simon Green's Hawk and Fisher series. Dune and Stranger in a Strange land also had a major impact. I love the Godfather and make Ilona watch it two or three times a year. For her it's more The Princess Bride and the Mummy.
- What is your favorite subject in the Urban Fantasy Realm?
Probably shapeshifters, the weres. Vamps not as much.
- I love the potential for a relationship that Kate and Curran have. Are they ever going to get together for real?
Reading Magic Bleeds will answer this question better than I could.
- Favorite Paranormal themed Movie?
Underworld Rise of the Lycans.
- Favorite Paranormal themed TV Show?
- Favorite Paranormal themed Book?
The Sookie Stackhouse books.
- Favorite Author?
- Favorite Urban Fantasy Author?
- Favorite one of your Books?
A Clockwork Orange.
- Who is your favorite of your own characters?
Nick for me.
He is tough and mysterious, a human holding his own with monsters.
- Which was the hardest to write?
- What would you be if not a writer?
A soldier or a sailor.
It's easy, I was good at it, and somebody has to do it so other people can be writers and teachers, important things like that.
- - Coffee or Tea? Coffee for me, tea for Ilona.
- - Virtual or Real? Real.
- - Right or Left? Right.
- - Vampires or Werewolves? Werewolves.
- - Angels or Demons? Angels.
- - Rolling Stones or The Beatles? The Stones.
- - Reading or Writing? Reading, preferably comics.
Hanging out and throwing ideas and scenes at each other.
- What is your least favorite part?
Fighting about which ideas and scenes will make it into the book.
- The Kate Daniels series in your own words?
Tough chick with sharp sword and quick wits.
- The Edge series in your own words?
Paranormal Redneck Romance.
- Any plans for more Kate Daniels and Edge Books?
We are contracted for a total of 7 Kate books, and 4 Edge books. After that who knows.
- What is coming up next for you?
We have a Con this summer.
- What are you working on right now?
- Do you have any advice or tip to those like me that want to become a published Author someday?
Read a lot. Take a course, stick with it, and don't quit.
- Anything you would like to say to your fans out there?
Our fans are the best. Thank you all for reading the books, sharing the books and giving the second series a chance.
Thank you so much for being here!
Now The Giveaway!
You can win a SIGNED copy of the Newest Installment of the Amazing Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews!
- Leave a comment about anything on this post.
- Leave an EMAIL for contact! (if you don’t feel comfortable leaving it here, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
+5 Google Friend Connect Follower
+5 Networked Blogs Follower
+3 Follow me on Twitter (@larissa_sarah)
+3 Follow Ilona Andrews on Twitter (@ilona_andrews)
+2 Be a Fan of Larissa's Life on Facebook
+2 Be my friend on Goodreads
+1 Add all your entries! (including this one!)
Ends May 31st!
Don’t Forget to enter my other giveaways:
577 Followers Giveaways:
My Powerful Chicks Giveaway HERE!
My Paranormal YA Giveaway HERE!
My Heinous Villains Giveaway HERE!
My Sci-fi Love Giveaway HERE!
My Kick-Ass Heroines Giveaway HERE!
My Sexy Couples Giveaway HERE!
My Kick-Ass Heroes Giveaway HERE!
For more info on the giveaway and links for each theme Click on the Image bellow!
All 577 Followers giveaways end on June 1st!
Good Luck!Thanks so much for tuning in and I’ll see you soon!