The Giveaway is OVER! Thanks so much for Participating… Results will be up this weekend!
Hey guys! This tuesday I am very honored to have here the great Gena Showalter, author of one of my favorite Paranormal Romance series, Lords of the Underworld.
You can check out my review of each and all book in the series HERE!
She is also being kind enough to offer a lucky commenter a SIGNED copy of Into The Dark!
Giveaway deets at the end of the post =)
Enjoy the interview!
- When did you first start writing?
Over …ten years ago, if I had to guess. Sadly, I lose track of time.
- Have you always been interested in Romance?
Yes! Relationships have always fascinated me. How people get together, what attracts them, what keeps them coming back for more, I can’t get enough.- What about in the Paranormal?
Another resounding yes. I love that anything is possible and death never really means the end.
- Why writing Paranormal Romance?
My two favorite things: falling in love and something beyond the scientific realm of explanation.
- Were there any Books, Movies or Writers that have inspired you?
Yes. Book -- Warrior’s Woman by Johanna Lindsey. My first taste of paranormal romance. Movie – Weird Science. Writer’s – I’m constantly inspired by Jill Monroe, Kresley Cole, PC Cast, Karen Moning, Deidre Knight, Nalini Singh, Meljean Brook, Larissa Ione, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jennifer Cruise, and many more. Reading a good book reminds me of my love for the written word.
- What is your favorite subject in the Paranormal Romance Realm?
I change my mind a lot, but one thing that stays the same is my love for exploring the different shades of good and evil.
- The sex scenes in your books are amazingly hot. Where do you get your inspiration?
The characters. To me, they are real, with pasts, experiences, likes and dislikes.
- Do you find it hard to write them?
Nope. Loves scenes are an extension of the story itself.
- Favorite Paranormal themed Movie?
Always depends on my mood, but maybe . . . the time travel paradox.
- Favorite Paranormal themed TV Show?
- Favorite Paranormal themed Book?
Depends on the author, but I’m a huge fan of vampires, werewolves, Valkryie, mythology, time travel, angels and demons.
- Favorite Author?
Jill Monroe. She delights me!
- Favorite Paranormal Romance Author?
Kresely Cole. She enthralls me!
- Favorite one of your Books?
The Darkest Kiss. I enjoy the chemistry between Anya and Lucien, maybe because they are such opposites. She’s unrepentant and fun-loving, and he’s by the book and iron-fisted. And yet, together, they just fit. They compliment each other and offer what the other is missing.
-Who is your favorite of your own characters?
William the Ever Randy. He’s a bad boy, an unrepentant narcissist, and he would stab his best friend for giggles. Hell, he has stabbed his best friend. I love him because he’s confident, witty, and when he falls in love, he’s going to fall harder than any of my other characters.
- Which was the hardest to write?
Danika in The Darkest Plesaure. She underwent such a change, from scared and unsure, to strong and determined.
- What would you be if not a writer?
A weepy mess. Writing is what I love.
- Coffee or Tea? coffee
- Up or Down? down
- Virtual or Real? real
- Right or Left? right
- Day or Night? night
- Vampires or Werewolves? vampires
- Angels or Demons? angels
- Reading or Writing? Today, reading
- What is your favorite part of the writing process? Holding the finished product in my hands.
- What is your least favorite part?
Obsessing over deadlines
- The Lords of the Underworld series in your own words?
Sexy immortal warriors who stole and opened Pandora’s box are now cursed to carry the evil they unleashed inside themselves -- and the women who fall in love with them.
- As a fan, I have to say that i really appreciate the triple release in these spring/summer months. I loved Into the dark for being such an unusual companion to the series. How did you come up with the idea to writing it?
Readers wanted the three ebooks I’d written to be available in print, but we needed more to fill the pages. So, the companion was born.
- What is coming up next for you?
The Darkest Passion (Aeron, keeper of Wrath in June) and The Darkest Lie (Gideon, keeper of Lies in July) The romances are heating up, and the plot twists surprised even me.- What are you working on right now?
The Darkest Surrender (Strider, keeper of Defeat) His book will come after Amun’s (who keeper of Secrets) and both their heroines are top secret.
- Do you have any advice or tip to those like me that want to become a published Author someday?
Write from the heart. That’s where the magic is.
- Anything you would like to say to your fans out there?
Thank you so much for your support!
- Thanks so much for being here!
Now The Giveaway!
You can win a SIGNED copy of Into The Dark by Gena Showalter!
- Leave a comment about anything on this post.
- Leave an EMAIL for contact! (if you don’t feel comfortable leaving it here, email me at email@example.com)
+5 Google Friend Connect Follower
+5 Networked Blogs Follower
+3 Follow me on Twitter (@larissa_sarah)
+3 Follow Gena Showalter on Twitter (@genashowalter)
+2 Be a Fan of Larissa's Life on Facebook
+2 Be my friend on Goodreads
+1 Add all your entries! (including this one!)
Ends June 14th!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I’ll see you soon!