Attention! This Giveaway is Now Closed! Thanks for participating, Results coming soon!
Hey everyone! How you all doing this lovely Tuesday? I’m doing pretty well myself =)
As per usual I have the pleasure of welcoming a great author here today for an Interview and Giveaway… YAY!
Today I have the pleasure to welcome Fallon Blake, who is a debut author of paranormal romance. I loved her “This Side of Heaven” book and just had to invite her over!
You can check out my 4.5 Loveys Review of the book HERE!
Giveaway deets at the bottom of the post and without further ado, here’s the interview… Enjoy!
- When did you first start writing?
I first began writing when I was a kid. I’ve always had stories and characters in my head. Books and the worlds the held within them have always fascinated me and ever since I can remember I wanted to write my own stories.
Oh yes. I read my first historical romance, Jude Deveraux’s Twin of Fire, when I was just fourteen. I’ve been hooked since then.
- What about in the Paranormal?
I’ve always had a soft spot for the paranormal since I was a kid. The first time I can remember being intrigued by that kind of thing was when I read James Howe’s Bunnicula books in elementary school. It was all down hill after that. When I was older and discovered that authors were blending my love of romance with paranormals, I was in heaven.
- Why writing Paranormal Romance?
I’ve always loved the blend of the two so it seemed like a natural choice for me.
- Were there any Books, Movies or Writers that have inspired you?
Over the years I’ve been inspired by so many. Writers like Anne Rice, Stephen King and Anais Nin. Movies inspire me as well. Actually it’s harder to not see inspiration in things these days. I get ideas from everywhere nowadays.
- What is your favorite subject in the Paranormal Romance Realm?
I’ve always been fascinated by shifters and I plan to write a story about them someday.
- I found The sex scenes in your book to be amazingly hot. Where do you get your inspiration?
Thank you! That’s a big compliment. My husband and I share a really active and hot love life so I’m never short on inspiration. He’s my hero. Besides it’s fun to try new things in the name of research *winks*
- Do you find it hard to write them?
- Favorite Paranormal themed Movie?
There are way too many to list, but I have a huge soft spot for zombie movies.
- Favorite Paranormal themed TV Show?
Easy, Supernatural. I love me some Winchester boys!
- Favorite Paranormal themed Book?
There are so many of these as well that I love dearly. Right now I’m completely enamored of Ilona Andrew’s Kate Daniels series.
- Favorite Author?
To name a few—Kim Harrison, J.R. Ward, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs… I could go on here.
- Favorite Paranormal Romance Author?
They’re like Lays potato chips, you can’t have just one.
- Favorite one of your Books?
As of now, I only have one published.
- Who is your favorite of your own characters? Why?
My favorite has to be Seth because he’s damaged and evil and a bit of a sadist, but…well you’ll see in the next book.
- Which was the hardest to write? Why?
Uriel was the hardest to write. He’s cold and distant. I had a hard time connecting to him at first.
- What would you be if not a writer? Why?
Oh, I really couldn’t tell you. I can’t imagine really doing anything else at this point.
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee
- Up or Down? Up
- Virtual or Real? Real
- Right or Left? Left
- Day or Night? Night
- Vampires or Werewolves? Werewolves
- Angels or Demons? Demons
- Reading or Writing? Writing
- What is your least favorite part? The middle I tend to get stuck there from time to time.
- I found that the book has a lot of potential for more and I love the world you have created. Is there going to be a sequel to the book or are there any plans to turn into a series?
I’m almost finished with the second book. It’s about ¾ of the way done. There may or may not be a third. We’ll see.
- What is coming up next for you?
I just wrapped up a contemporary BDSM novella that I’ll be submitting soon. Cross your fingers for me.
- What are you working on right now?
Wrapping up the second book in the Telal series Between Heaven and Hell. It’s Seth’s story.
- Do you have any advice or tip to those like me that want to become a published Author someday?
The best advice I wan give you is to write, hone your craft and keep at it.
- Anything you would like to say to your fans out there?
I’d just like to say thank you to everyone who took the time to read my little book.
- Thanks so much for being here!
Thank you for having me.
You can win an eBook Copy of This Side of Heaven by Fallon Blake!
- Leave a comment about anything on this post.
- Leave an EMAIL for contact! (if you don’t feel comfortable leaving it here, email me at email@example.com)
+5 Google Friend Connect Follower
+5 Networked Blogs Follower
+3 Follow me on Twitter (@larissa_sarah)
+3 Follow Fallon Blake on Twitter (@FallonBlake)
+2 “Like” Larissa's Life on Facebook
+2 Be my friend on Goodreads
+1 Add all your entries! (including this one!)
Only for 18+ Year-olds!
Ends July 19th!
Don’t Forget to enter My Giveaways:
Click on the Image bellow to enter!
Ends July 19th! U.S. Only!
My Creative Writing Contest:
Doing It Write!
Re-Write the end of your favorite Book or Series for a chance to win somegreat prizes!
Top 5 will be picked by Authors:
Click HERE or on the image bellow for more info!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I’ll see you soon!