Hey Guys! I have the pleasure to share with you guys an awesome interview with the great author Rachel Caine! One of my personal favorites!
Hope you guys will enjoy it and don't forget to enter in a fantastic giveaway at the bottom! =D
1. I have to say that I am very excited about the Morganville Mayor Elections and I was wondering, how important do you think this election is for Morganville right now?
I don’t think I’m overstating it to say that it is a struggle for the heart and soul of Morganville going forward! So … pretty important. Although I’m not sure Claire and Shane are taking it seriously at first.
2. Is there any character you believe would NOT make a good mayor whatsoever? If so, why not?
It’s always the ones who would be terrible at it who want it the most … Monica Morrell, for instance, only really wants it because it would give her status. And that’s all she really cares about. Captain Obvious is a dark-horse write-in candidate, and I think he’d be seriously dangerous if he held the reins of government … but then again, he might not ever dare to show up to take the oath!
Also, Myrnin. Myrnin would not be a good mayor. Ever.
3. Do you think it would be better to have a human or a vamp as Mayor?
I think humans are already at enough of a disadvantage … they need a strong, vocal advocate for their interests who isn’t afraid to speak up … or put their lives at risk. (Good luck with that, Morganville.)
4. How many more books can we expect in the series?
We’re planning on a total of 15! The next one, FALL OF NIGHT, will be out in May 2013, and I’ve already written the outline for the last, which will be out in November 2013.
5. Have you always had a plan for where you wanted the series to go or do you work with it as you go along?
I had a plan initially for the series, but it only was for the first six books. After that, I really had to start looking for new opportunities and explore different themes, which I think has really worked well. I’m very glad I had the chance to do as much in Morganville as I have!
6. Do you have an end goal in mind for the series?
I do! (crickets chirping) Wait, did you think I’d tell you what it is? HA. But I will tell you this: I think it will be a great payoff for all of you who have stuck with me for so many years and books, and I’ll do my level best to make it the Best Book Ever.
7. Do you have any plans for writing another Y.A. series?
I do. There’s a stand-alone book called Prince of Shadows that will be out in February 2014 … it’s a period retelling of Romeo and Juliet told from the point of view of Romeo’s cousin Benvolio, and I’m very excited about it. I also have a new series that I’m currently working on in proposal I can’t talk about yet, because it’s not even ready for publishers to look at, and a third that I’m developing with another writer as a co-project. Shhh. It’s a secret, internets!
Thank you so much for all your support and love for Morganville, guys! Don’t forget to vote!
MORE ABOUT Morganville Mayoral Elections:
Rachel Caine will be hosting a video contest on her website (http://www.morganvillevampire.com) in which fans can submit their endorsement ads for their ideal Morganville Mayor!
- Videos must be 30 seconds or less
- You can make an endorsement video for any character from the book about why they should be mayor
- Videos must not contain copyrighted material such as TV, film, images or music from other sources
- No language you wouldn't hear unbleeped on network TV
We will post the winning videos on the Morganville Vampire site, and winners will receive a prize package that includes: A signed copy of BITTER BLOOD, a Morganville Coffee Mug, an election t-shirt, and a tote bag.
To check out the first 3 videos/endorsement ads for each candidate (more to come soon!), check out: http://www.morganvillevampire.com.
DON’T FORGET TO PLACE YOUR VOTES!
Find Rachel Caine Online:
Buy Rachel’s Book: