Top 10 Albums to Play While Saving the World
By Gini Koch
Taken from Kitty’s playlists, because, obviously. And I went with albums because picking only ten songs seemed far too limiting, and, you know, saving the world can take more than a couple of hours. But I also highlighted the best kick butt song or songs from each album. So it’s really two lists in one. ‘Cause I’m a giver, me.
I only allowed myself to pick one album per band, which is why this isn’t all Aerosmith. Or all Foo Fighters. Or all Metallica, Mötley Crüe, or Smash Mouth. Or, you know, all Aerosmith.
10. Metallica (aka The Black Album), by Metallica; best song: Enter Sandman
9. Funhouse, by P!ink; best songs: So What, Bad Influence
8. Habits, by The Neon Trees; best songs: Sins of My Youth, Animal
7. Rebel Yell, by Billy Idol; best song: Blue Highway
6. Strange Clouds, by B.o.B.; best songs: So Good, Bombs Away, Ray Bands
5. Wasting Light, by The Foo Fighters; best song: White Limo
4. Folie à Deux, by Fall Out Boy; best song: I Don’t Care
3. Saints of Los Angeles, by Mötley Crüe, best songs: Saints of Los Angeles, Face Down in the Dirt, MF of the Year, Just Another Psycho, White Trash Circus, Goin’ Out Swingin’
2. Nine Lives, by Aerosmith; best songs: Nine Lives, The Farm, Pink
1. Get the Picture?, by Smash Mouth (aka The Album That Wrote Touched by an Alien); best songs: 105, Whole Lotta Love, Looking for a Wall
Gini Koch lives in Hell’s Orientation Area (aka Phoenix, AZ), works her butt off (sadly, not literally) by day, and writes by night with the rest of the beautiful people. She writes the fast, fresh and funny Alien/Katherine “Kitty” Katt series for DAW Books, the Necropolis Enforcement Files series, and the Martian Alliance Chronicles series for Musa Publishing. As G.J. Koch she writes the Alexander Outland series.
She also writes under a variety of other pen names (including Anita Ensal, Jemma Chase, A.E. Stanton, and J.C. Koch), listens to all kinds of music 24/7, and is a proud comics geek-girl willing to discuss at any time why Wolverine is the best superhero ever (even if Deadpool does get all the best lines).
She speaks frequently on what it takes to become a successful author and other aspects of writing and the publishing business. She is also the Lead Editor at Raphael’s Village, an online, nonpaying ’zine. Because she wasn’t busy enough, Gini’s added on featured guest columnist, reviewer, and webcaster for Slice of SciFi and It’s Comic Book Day. She can be reached through her website at www.ginikoch.com.
The Katherine "Kitty" Katt / Alien Series:
WIN a SIGNED Copy of "Alien in the House" + Swag by Gini Koch
Fill out Rafflecopter to win!
Don’t Forget to Vote for the Theme for
My TOP 5 Sundays Post on the Poll at the RIGHT sidebar!